The accountant position oversees all payables, payroll and trade activity for the Tulsa Regional Chamber and its subsidiaries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all Accounts Payable/expense statement processing. Work with outside vendors and staff to resolve discrepancies.
- Administer all trade activity including entering new trade paperwork into SBA as well as relieving trade usages. Meet with various department representatives monthly to review available trade.
- In conjunction with the external payroll provider, process semi-monthly payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversee petty cash.
- Prepare and distribute all 1099’s annually.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of payroll tax filings and remittances.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree in accounting or
- 5+ Years’ experience in accounting with at least one year of payroll processing experience.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel).
- Familiar with SAGE 100 software preferred.
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and research skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to learn and retain information, terminology, policies and procedures; work effectively with a wide variety of people; maintain composure under difficult circumstances; analyze accounting systems and procedures.
Work and Physical Requirements:
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.