Membership Development Manager
The Membership Development Manager’s primary role is to recruit new member-investors to drive the Chamber’s overarching mission and vision to grow jobs and elevate Tulsa’s profile as a region for economic and individual prosperity.
This role is responsible for engaging in prospecting and discovery activities with regional businesses, conducting active listening with prospective members, engaging in cultivation activities to include drawing connections between the needs and desires of business to Chamber programs, resources and strategic initiatives, and leveraging influencers as needed to secure investment commitments.
Be on the team of Tulsa’s most successful and dynamic business organization as Membership Development Manager (Sales) for the Tulsa Regional Chamber.
The Chamber is a private, nonprofit, membership–driven organization comprised of regional business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions and nonprofit organizations. Through a variety of partnerships, volunteers and visionary civic leadership, we mobilize resources to support and sustain the economic prosperity of the Tulsa region. Every strategy, program and service is created specifically to provide a positive, year-end dividend to our customers – our 2,200 members and our community.
We are seeking an ambitious, results-driven sales professional to drive the Chamber’s annual new member revenue goal. The successful candidate must be a willing prospector that possesses excellent sales and communication skills and must also be highly-organized and motivated.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize the Chamber’s standardized sales process and techniques to prospect, follow-up, sell memberships, and achieve sales quota.
- Research businesses for new membership and prospect via initial telephone contact and make new sales via appropriate follow-up.
- Assess prospective member needs and motivations to make appropriate connections to Chamber programs and benefits that correlate to their business objectives.
- Consistently achieve all monthly sales activity and production minimums.
- Reliably carry out all four components of the Chamber’s personal performance management system.
- Actively leverage upselling of sponsorships and membership upgrades to drive new revenue and deeper member engagement.
- Develop and maintain a quality prospective member list in the Chamber’s CRM database.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising or industry environment are a must.
- Existing connections to the Tulsa regional business community a plus.
- Self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem-solving, negotiating and driving results.
- Aptitude for working with volunteers and building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- Excellent written skills with an extensive knowledge of grammar.
- Excellent knowledge MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, CRM databases and software.
- Highly detail oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to effectively visit potential members and investors.
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.