National Sales & Development Manager, Tulsa Sports Commission
The Tulsa Sports Commission, a founding member of the National Association of Sports Commissions, is accepting applications for a National Sales and Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in a sports management or a comparable degree in hospitality or business, 4-8 years of proven experience in diverse sports industry sales or equivalent athletic/sports background from a Sports Commission or from a Destination Marketing Organization, and a proven track record in sales, development, fundraising, and proposal writing. Must also have a working knowledge of BMX as a sport and an industry. Compensation includes base salary and annual bonus for successful completion of sales goals.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting and selling nationally to the designated sports market segment through attending sporting industry conferences, and trade shows hosting the various sports rights holders and planners.
- Develop specific programs and initiatives to develop personal contact, sales calls, internet, e-mail, direct mail, sales blitzes to deliver on the annual sales goals and objectives as assigned.
- Respond to RFPs with comprehensive bid documents. Identify, recruit and encourage local people affiliated with events to hold future events in Tulsa.
- Partner with local sport organizations to recruit, retain, enhance or develop sporting events, and their related meetings, in Tulsa.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a working relationship with regional hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions and venues to support the incoming business.
- Maintain professional relationships with their sports market segment sales personnel for information exchange and site visit scheduling.
- Responsible to maintain and complete required sales reports to demonstrate ongoing progress to meet annual sales goals and objectives.
- Responsible to initiate contract negotiations with leadership to successful acquisition and awarded events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned Position.
- Responsible for working with the communications staff to develop marketing sales specific plans for assigned market segment
- Travel to industry conferences and workshops Responsible for achieving a satisfactory rating annually as it relates to approved annual objectives and talent development action plan (TDAP).
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a sports related field or a comparable degree in hospitality or business.
- Must have 4-8 years of proven experience in diverse sports Industry sales or equivalent athletic/sports background from a Sports Commission or from a Destination Marketing Organization
- Proven track record in sales, development, fundraising, and proposal writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make good judgments
- Proven understanding of budget and fiscal responsibility
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously under deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated insight into group dynamics, and the ability to develop and foster relationships.
- High professional/personal standards and integrity.
- A proven “team player” who can demonstrate tact, confidentiality and diplomacy while building credibility.
- Must be able to relate favorably to a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to make decisions independently with good judgment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office products
Work & Physical Requirements:
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.