Prospect Development Manager (part time)
The Prospect Development Manager’s primary role is to contribute to the Chamber’s cultivation and prospect management strategy to support the achievement of its annual revenue goals. Key activities include member and investor prospecting and research and prospect pipeline creation.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to the pipeline of member and investor prospect companies in coordination with the Prospect Development Director.
- Collect, research and prioritize prospect leads funneling to the pipeline as appropriate. Qualify existing members and investors and identify prospects with growth potential. Utilize wealth screening information and other research tools to develop cultivation plans.
- Proactively conduct prospect research in order to find new businesses for member development, target companies relevant to the chamber’s mission and purpose. Provide continuous analysis, incorporating local, national and global trends to guide the Chamber’s strategic growth initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a quality prospective member and investor list in the Chamber’s CRM database including accurate contact records and data on cultivation status.
- Submit the pipeline report(s) to the VP measuring successes against projections and, when necessary, recommending specific remedial action. Assist with the monthly development of activity reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in prospect research, fundraising, business development, marketing, business administration, inside sales, customer service, or a related field.
- Existing connections to and knowledge of the Tulsa regional business community a plus.
- Self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem-solving, negotiating and driving results.
- A proven collaborator who can demonstrate tact, confidentiality and diplomacy while building credibility.
- High professional and personal standards and integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- Aptitude for building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written skills with an extensive knowledge of grammar.
- Excellent knowledge MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, CRM databases and research software.
- Highly detail oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Must be able to relate favorably to a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to effectively visit potential members and investors as needed.
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Analytical Skills – the individual measures sales potential, forecasts sales and develops sales reports useful to management.
- Problem solving Skills – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Communication Skills – conveys information persuasively in a positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Technical Skills – demonstrates a working knowledge of general office skills, principles, internal control procedures and computer software knowledge.
- Management Skills – exhibits the ability to get along well with others, is open to new ideas, makes self-available to staff, accept authority and responsibility and is customer service oriented.
- Quality Management – continuously looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – displays willingness to make independent decisions, exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decision, and accepts responsibility for results.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety, security, and confidentiality procedures, and uses materials and equipment responsibly.