Senior Account Executive, Community Development
The senior account executive is responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies that support the work of the Tulsa Regional Chamber’s strategic initiative of community development. This includes project management, public relations and membership support.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a close collaborative relationship with Chamber staff in support of programs related to community development, including TYPROS (Tulsa’s Young Professionals); Mosaic, the Chamber’s diversity and inclusion business coalition; Intercity Visit; and other related initiatives. The senior account executive will provide excellent customer service as a creative consultant integral to the success of these clients’ strategic priorities.
- Develops and implements comprehensive communications/marketing plans to promote client activities, events and initiatives. Manages communications projects on behalf of clients from concept to completion, and tracks and reports key success metrics.
- Manages communications projects with third-party vendors on behalf of clients, including (but not limited to) website development, video production and marketing campaigns.
- Working with events staff, assists in the planning and execution of client events, including collateral production, script writing, coordinating audio/visual elements and sponsorship recognition.
- Working with creative services staff, manages the production process of and produces content for Chamber publications, including: the bi-monthly Chamber Report magazine, the Chamber’s relocation guide, the annual Mosaic Inclusion Report, and others as requested.
- Maintains clients’ brand identity through adherence to and maintenance of branding standards, tone of voice, etc.
- Seeks positive news coverage and proactive publicity for internal clients, their programs, activities and public policy positions. Protects public image of clients through responsible, ethical public relations practices. Serves as primary client contact for all media interaction.
- Plans, coordinates and executes press conferences to support client priorities, projects and events.
- Writes news releases for local, area and statewide distribution. Develops leads and prepares stories for state, regional and national publications, and compiles and maintains reports for earned media coverage.
- Writes speeches and remarks for Chamber staff for public appearances, conferences, groundbreakings, etc.
- Writes op-eds, guest columns, letters of support, etc., on behalf of executive leadership and board members.
- Monitors local, state and national press for issues and trends affecting client and Chamber goals, programs, projects and personnel.
- Writes copy and edits content for weekly TYPROS electronic newsletter, and contributes content to the Chamber’s weekly Monday Memo electronic newsletter.
- Supports the organization’s membership growth and member retention goals by, at the direction of vice president of communications and/or resource development staff, attending ribbon cuttings, events and other member-facing functions.
- Contributes content for membership marketing collateral and publications, including the Chamber’s Annual Report and Engagement Brochure, and maintains relevant sections of the Chamber’s website.
- Performs light photography duties as required to document events and for use on social media.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Three to five or more years of relevant work experience in a communications discipline required.
- Proficient in writing and knowledgeable on current trends in communications and public relations.
- Proven skill in editing for style (preferably Associated Press), accuracy, format and punctuation.
- Knowledge and expertise in use of social media tools.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results.
- High levels of tact, diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of email marketing services (MailChimp, Emma, etc.) preferred.
- Experience using workplace productivity tools like Asana, Slack, etc., preferred.
- Experience managing websites with WordPress CMS preferred.
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus.
Work & Physical Requirements:
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.