Senior Sales Manager, Tulsa Sports Commission
This position will act as the primary lead in selling, marketing and promoting all events at City of Tulsa Mohawk Sports Complex. This person will maintain a high level of customer service leading up to each event. Position will report to the Tulsa Sports Commission (TSC) Executive Director. This position is dependent on continued annual funding from the City of Tulsa every fiscal year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promotes the City of Tulsa Mohawk Sports Complex as a sporting event destination through personal contact, sales calls, internet, e-mail, direct mail, sales blitzes and attending sports trade shows.
- Respond to RFPs with comprehensive bid documents. Identify, recruit and encourage local people affiliated with events to hold future events in Tulsa.
- Partner with local sport organizations to recruit, retain, enhance or develop sporting events, and their related meetings, in Tulsa.
- Maintain a working relationship with regional hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions and venues.
- Maintain close relationships with their sales personnel for information exchange and site visit scheduling.
- Complete all required reports.
- Maintain SimpleView’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system of database of contacts, leads and event history.
- Contract negotiation upon being awarded events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned Position.
- Be on call for all events that take place at MSC.
- Work nights and weekends as position requires
- Work with Tulsa Regional Chamber Communications staff to develop marketing plans when necessary
- Travel to industry conferences and workshops when needed
- Responsible for achieving a satisfactory rating annually as it relates to approved annual objectives and talent development action plan (TDAP).
- Accountable by assuring that all direct reporting staff, if applicable, has achieved their annual development goals.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-8 years of proven experience in diverse athletic/sports background
- Proven track record in sales, development, fundraising, and proposal writing.
- Excellent project and team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with extensive knowledge of grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to make good judgments
- Proven understanding of budget and fiscal responsibility
- Capable of working in a team or independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously under deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, and the ability to develop and foster relationships.
- High professional/personal standards and integrity.
- A proven “team player” who can demonstrate tact, confidentiality and diplomacy while building credibility.
- Must be able to relate favorably to a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to make decisions independently with good judgment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Continued professional development advancement in sports tourism or sports management fields
- Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office products as well on-line social medial applications
Work and Physical Requirements:
- Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements.
- Physical demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.