Attendees at the OneVoice Regional Legislative Summit determined the 15 state and 15 federal priorities that will guide the Chamber's business-driven advocacy in 2020.
The summit is the capstone of the annual OneVoice process, which began earlier in the summer with nine issue-specific task forces.
The final agenda issues are:
- Support regional water policy.
- Municipal funding diversification.
- Economic incentives.
- Fund public education for the 21st century.
- Address the teacher shortage.
- Eliminate exemptions to 811 One-Call program.
- Full Medicaid expansion.
- Mental health treatment and support.
- Health care workforce expansion.
- Statewide branding and marketing.
- Meet the demands for research and development in leading industries.
- Support critically needed transportation funding.
- McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System infrastructure revolving fund.
- Criminal justice reform.
- Adverse childhood experiences.
- Extend the federal investment tax credit.
- Support funding for critical economic development programs.
- American Indian Lands Tax Credit.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) funding.
- Americorps funding.
- Eliminate barriers to greater use of natural gas.
- Remove barriers to needed inpatient treatment in Oklahoma.
- Strengthen federal physician training programs.
- Tulsa’s levee system.
- Upgrade infrastructure at Tulsa International Airport.
- Small employer health care concerns.
- McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System.
- Support federal infrastructure investment.
- Support training of middle-skill workers.
- Support Pell eligibility for short-term, industry-driven training.
More than 75 chambers of commerce, municipalities, counties and economic development organizations endorse the agenda each year.