The City of Tulsa and the Tulsa Regional Chamber announced the creation of the Mayor’s Economic Recovery Advisory Committee today to help guide near-term strategy around Tulsa’s economic recovery while also identifying long-term opportunities for growth as the Tulsa community responds to the COVID-19 threat.
“As we manage a public health crisis using guidance from independent local public health experts, so too will we rely upon guidance from some of the best minds in Tulsa’s private sector to recover from this economic crisis,” said Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum. “I am very grateful for these Tulsans stepping up with their time and expertise across a broad array of industries. Working together, we will work to restore Tulsa’s economy while protecting public health.”
The Mayor’s Economic Recovery Advisory Committee will focus on two main goals. First, to develop guidelines for safely reopening the Tulsa economy during the coming weeks and months, and second, to identify what the Tulsa-area business community needs to do to drive a stronger post-pandemic economy.
“We are confident that the City of Tulsa working in concert with the local business community can ensure we rebound as safely as possible,” said Mike Neal, president and CEO of the Tulsa Regional Chamber. “This committee will also leverage the collective brainpower of many of Tulsa’s brightest leaders in hopes of helping us all emerge from this challenge as quickly as possible.”
Members of the committee are:
- Steve Bradshaw, Bank of Oklahoma
- Chet Cadieux, QuikTrip
- Gerry Clancy, University of Tulsa
- Carlin Conner, SemGroup (retired)
- Kevin Gross, Hillcrest Medical Center
- Marilyn Ihloff, Ihloff Salon & Day Spa
- Ben Kimbro, Tulsa City Council
- Dave Kollmann, Flintco
- Paula Marshall, Bama Foods
- Josh Miller, George Kaiser Family Foundation
- Steve Mitchell, Argonaut Private Equity
- Mike Neal, Tulsa Regional Chamber
- Elliot Nelson, McNellie’s Group
- Jeff Nowlin, Ascension St. John
- Erik Olund, American Airlines
- Pete Patel, Promise Hotels
- Anja Rogers, Senior Star Living
- Larry Rooney, Manhattan Construction
- Peggy Simmons, American Electric Power
- Casey Sparks, ASM Global
- Barry Steichen, Saint Francis Health System
- Kathy Taylor, Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation
- Rose Washington, Tulsa Economic Development Corp.
Lead staff for the committee are Kian Kamas, City of Tulsa chief of economic development, and Justin McLaughlin, Tulsa Regional Chamber executive vice president and COO.